Join our rapidly growing team for an exciting opportunity to contribute to Canada’s premiere music website!
- The Associate Editor is responsible for editing and publishing daily news content to PureGrainAudio.com in order to keep the site up-to-date with real-time news content. As the Associate Editor, you will review daily content (news releases, press releases, etc.) received via email and assess its suitability for post-worthy content. Aside from posting the latest music news, you will also be responsible for posting song streams, album streams and possibly video submissions. Part of the position might also include editing and posting article submissions provided by the PureGrainAudio.com writing and contributor team.
The Associate Editor must be available to work daytime business hours (roughly 9 to 5) during the peak time when the majority of content needs to be posted.
This paid opportunity will appeal to young, but experienced online editors and/or college/university students looking to make some extra money during their time between classes and studies. Either way, if you love music, this is a fit!
Successful candidates will ideally have the following:
- A love for music.
- Demonstrated experience in editing and preparing articles for online publishing.
- Experience working with online content publishing systems such as Textpattern and Wordpress.
- University or college degree (such as journalism, English, communications, social sciences) with 1-2 years experience in editing and publishing online content.
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and the ability to rapidly respond to questions, inquiries, etc. via email.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work fast and quickly prepare content for online publishing.
- Experience working with photo-editing programs such as Photoshop.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation skills and the ability to quickly recognise and correct errors.
Want free music? Want to go to free shows? Want to meet some of your favourite musicians? If any of this sounds like you and the abovementioned list is a fit, then please submit your resume and any related work experience to mail[at]puregrainaudio.com.
- While low, this is a paid position.
- Experience working in the music industry or for an online music site is an asset but not a necessity.