With a line up that includes headliners Behemoth and Arch Enemy, it's fair to say that the Scottish metal scene is in for a treat this weekend as Heavy Scotland takes over the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh for two days of brutal music. Below you can find all the information you need to know plus five reasons why you should get there nice and early. Read on...
- Kickstarting the weekend off are Scottish boys Centrilia who will be weighing in with a short but suitably heavy thirty minutes of modern metal from their recently released Memento Mori. We're all for supporting local talent so get down to Heavy early as these lot will be worth your time.
Check out the song "You Are In Error"
- They'll only be travelling a few miles to kick off the Sunday of Heavy Scotland but these chaps will be coming armed with a stack load of killer riffs inspired by Crowbar, Entombed and Pantera. Expect filthy metal from these Scots because when they play Heavy Scotland this weekend, you are guaranteed heavy music at it's purest.
Check out the song "A Life Less Lived"
- Come on, these Welsh boys have got to be worth checking out for the name alone, surely? Well, if that isn't enough to get you excited then what could be better than some cadaver sodomizing UK death metal early on a Saturday afternoon? Go on, get down early and check out these Welsh scumbags and their verses of putridity. We don't think you'll regret it.
Check out the song "Verses Of Putridity"
- These rockers are coming all the way over from Finland and it'll be the last time you get to see them before the release of their second album. They may not be the heaviest band on the bill but we reckon their injection of hard rock could be one of the highlights of Heavy Scotland.
Check out ths song "Wake Up"
- Another band representing the local scene and promoting their Life Misguided release, Disposable will be bringing a dose of Scottish thrash to the early risers at Heavy Scotland and, let's face it, who doesn't like a bit of neck-loosening mayhem early on a Sunday afternoon? Expect dreadlocks, furious riffs and any hangovers from the night before well and truly blown away.