Los Angeles-based rock quartet Badflower released their 5-track Temper EP (purchase your copy RIGHT HERE - featuring hit single "Animal" - on November 4th, 2017 via John Varvatos/Republic Records. In support of the new music, the band will be spend most of January-February 2017 on tour with Pop Evil and Red Sun Rising (tour dates below). Recently, the guys had some extra time on their hands and were kind enough to share with us a fun listicle; here are Badflower's TOP 10 ballads they wish they'd written.
10.The Cure - "Underneath The Stars"
- The Cure writes love songs like nobody else, this one is one of the greats. You’re in a trance from start to finish. This song could loop for hours and never get old.
09.Bright Eyes - "Poison Oak"
- This song is so blunt and to the point it puts you right into the story without having to question what you’re supposed to feel. Conor Oberst is one of those artists who can command your emotions without saying more than a few words.
08.Smashing Pumpkins - "Disarm"
- "The killer in me is the killer in you." That lyric never degrades in its meaning. So powerful and so emotional.
07.Dawes - "Million Dollar Bill"
- Dawes is on another planet when it comes to songwriting. This song, as well as many others from this group, makes it hard to appreciate any other music. It's absolutely flawless.
06.Led Zeppelin - "Years Gone"
- It's an extremely melancholy song that somehow has the opposite effect on the listener. This song makes you feel really good.
05.Jeff Buckley - "Lover You Should’ve Come Over"
- You really should have....
04.The Beatles - "Happiness is a Warm Gun"
- Everything about this song is appealing. Melodically bipolar, lyrically intricate, and the end chorus is pure magic.
03.The Beach Boys - "God Only Knows"
- Requires no explanation. Arguably the greatest song ever written, rightfully so.
02.Nine Inch Nails - "Hurt"
- This is a perfect song. Totally timeless and anthemic to those who connect with Yorke’s lyrics. Which are beautiful and brilliant.
01.The Rolling Stones - "Wild Horses"
- The song seems to perfectly capture the way you feel when you know you're losing something that you desperately want to hold on to. The melody and chord choices give a very melancholy vibe but with a glimmer of optimism.
Tour Dates (w/ Pop Evil, Red Sun Rising):
01/10 - Louisville, KY - Mercury Ballroom
01/11 - Charlotte, NC - The Underground
01/13 - Orlando, FL - House of Blues - Orlando
01/14 - St. Petersburg, FL - State Theatre
01/15 - Ft. Lauderdale, Fl - Revolution
01/21 - Birmingham, AL - Workplay Theatre
01/22 - Mobile, Al - Soul Kitchen
01/24 - New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
01/25 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
01/27 - Houston, TX - House of Blues
01/28 - San Antonio, TX - The Aztec theater
01/29 - El Paso, TX - Tricky Falls
01/31 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
02/01 - Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
02/03 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall
02/04 - Lincoln, NE - The Bourbon Theatre
02/06 - Des Moines, IA - Wooly's
02/09 - Minneapolis, MN - The cabooze
02/10 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
02/11 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
02/12 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogarts
02/14 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
02/16 - Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall
02/18 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
02/19 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
02/22 - Indianapolis, IN - Deluxe at Old National Centre
02/23 - Niagara Falls, NY - Rapids theatre
02/24 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit