Calgary, AB’s metalcore misfits, Shark Infested Daughters are in the midst of an extensive Canadian tour that has the band trekking across the great white north. Supporting their Jaws-sized tunes, including the newly-released single “Cetra” (buy it here) featuring Frankie Palmeri of Emmure, SID are using the shows to turn moshpits into shark-friendly chum! Speaking of fish food, the Western Canadian unit recently hit us up with this killer TOP 10 list of their favourite shark facts. Sink your teeth into this!
- In its lifetime, a shark can have up to 30,000 teeth. They are continuously being replaced and shifted within the mouth.
- Sharks are colorblind.
- Sharks are hypersensitive to pressure changes in the water. They can notice the slightest changes via specialized cells with tiny hairs in them.
- If a shark embryo develops teeth, it will partake in intrauterine cannibalism, meaning it will eat its siblings inside the womb.
- Sharks have a highly evolved sense of hearing, which allows them to hear low-frequency sounds from up to quarter-mile away.
06.A Bone to Pick:
- Sharks are cartilaginous. What makes sharks different from fish is that their skeletons are made of cartilage instead of bone.
07.Put it in Reverse, Tim!:
- Unlike fish, sharks can only swim forward. That is because their fins are stiff and cannot be controlled by muscles.
- Most sharks never sleep because they have to constantly pump water through their mouth over their gills to breath or they will die.
- Sharks do not have vocal cords, so they make no sounds. That is why they are known as the “silent killers.”
10.Fuck You, People!:
- Humans kill 100 million sharks a year. That means for every single person killed by a shark, humans kill 25 million sharks.
Watch the new video for “CETRA” featuring Emmure’s Frankie Palmeri.
Remaining Shark Infested Daughters Tour Dates:
04/12 - Vancouver, BC @ The Biltmore Cabaret
04/13 - Victoria, BC @ Quadra Street
04/14 - Nanaimo, BC @ Lantzille Legion
04/15 - Port Alberni, BC @ The Rainbow Room
04/19 - Medicine Hat, AB @ Liquid Nightclub
04/20 - Red Deer, AB @ The Krossing
04/21 - Edmonton, AB @ Temple/Starlight Room
04/22 - Calgary, AB @ Broken City
04/25 - Saskatoon, SK @ Black Cat Tavern
04/26 - Portage La Prairie @ Masonic Hall
04/27 - Winnipeg, MB @ The Windsor
04/28 - Thunder Bay, ON @ Black Pirates Pub
05/03 - London, ON @ Richmond Tavern
05/04 - Toronto, ON @ Hard Luck
05/05 - Ottawa, ON @ Cafe Dekcuf
05/06 - Montreal, QB @ Piranha Bar