Following the success of their last single, "Astronauts", released earlier this year, Canadian indie-pop duo Crash Adams mark their return with the release of their new single "Make it Last" which we're premiering right here. The single is taken from the duo's upcoming debut album which is due for release later this year.
And here's a quick Q& with both Crash and Adams:
1. For those people who don't know who Crash Adams are, can you give us a brief history?
- Hey I’m Crash, this is Adams (he doesn’t speak much, but his guitar sounds great). We’re childhood friends from Toronto, Ontario, and we’ve been around music our entire lives. We write, produce, mix/master, and perform all of our music. We love suits and our goal is to see the world without leaving the comfort of our big red couch.
2. Thanks for premiering your new single with us. What can you tell our readers about the track before they hit play?
- Most people at some point, wonder what it would be like to relive a moment of their youth, but have it play out according to what their ideal vision is of that moment, true or not. It’s modern, yet retro, and something that wouldn’t be out of place in a setting similar to that of Stranger Things.
3. You've described yourselves as childhood friends, what is your favourite memory as childhood friends ?
- When I was about 8 years old I went over to Adams’ house and I really wanted to jam with him while he was playing guitar, but I didn’t know how to play an instrument. His brother, who had played the drums, taught me how to play one simple drum beat, and I played the same beat over and over again for 6 hours. Adams played a number of songs, and to make sure I didn’t feel bad about not knowing how to play the drums, he made each song fit the exact groove that I was playing.
4. How did this friendship evolve into Crash Adams ?
- I used to produce dance music, and I started moving into territory where I needed some guitar, so I went to the best guitar player that I knew. Because I lived in London for school, we sent files back and forth until we finally got a chance to hang out and record together. Our first time back together, we wrote our song "Astronauts", and that’s when we decided to create this duo.
5. What albums or groups made the biggest impact on you growing up ?
- In terms of albums, it’s a bit all over the map. They are Graduation (Kanye West), The Song Remains the Same (Led Zeppelin), Curtain Call (Eminem). Groups that have had a big impact on us growing up would be Earth Wind and Fire, Backstreet Boys (anyone who doesn’t love them is lying), Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd.
Just to recap, here's the last single, "Astronauts", in case you missed it first time round: