Nashville-based dj/remixer/producer Dee Jay Silver is a master connoisseur of blending genres such as country, pop, rock, house and hip-hop into danceable party tunes. With a nearly two-decade career, Silver has grown into one of music’s busiest and most-in-demand entertainers while he hosts his own syndicated radio show, “The Country Club with Dee Jay Silver,” and edits and creates his own country tracks and remixes.
He recently released his first full-length release of original material with the eleven-track album Corners (available here on all major platforms) and is currently on an absolutely massive tour across the US and Canada alongside Luke Combs and Jason Aldean. With a ton of experience at country music festivals all over North America, Dee Jay joins us for a hilarious Top 10 to regale us with the craziest things he’s seen at country music festivals.
Everyone needs a good “Getaway Driver.”
10.Redneck Hot Tub
- A redneck hot tub is the bed of a pick-up truck with a tarp full of water inside. It’s so crazy to see these old trucks with tarps in the bed just full of water…it’s like their own little hillbilly oasis!
09.Twenty-Five People in One Camper
- Twenty-five in a camper that sleeps four! These people are committed...it’s like EDC Las Vegas out here. One friend with a hotel room and everybody shows up!
08.Large People in Small American Flag Bikinis and Speedos
- Without fail, there is a large, pale, hairy, white guy in an American flag speedo running around chugging beer and chanting USA at the top of his lungs!
07.Small Children Left Sitting Out in the Sun All Day
- I have two small kids...kids need naps, food, a routine...and to see these two-three-four-month-old kids in the very front by the stage, blazing hot, getting baked by the sun, and staying there for hours and hours...I don’t care who’s on stage, take that baby home!!
06.People Passed Out Under Somebody Else’s Campers
- Sometimes you just can’t make it to your house, so you just find the nearest anything, hahaha! You know it’s a good night at a festival when you wake up with a random person you’ve never seen passed out under your RV or truck!
Don’t cut yourself on the “Corners of My Mind” ft. John Gurney:
05.Crazy Weather out of Nowhere
- Lightning, high winds, rain, hail; summer is always full of crazy weather! One minute it’s so hot you can’t breathe, the next it’s raining like hell with winds blowing...just be prepared for anything!
04.People Hooking up with Randoms After Three Days in a Tent
- Three days in a tent...sweating...with no shower!! I’m just saying…sweaty festival ass...NOPE. That’s a no for me, dog!
03.People Banging in Porta-Potties
02.Multi-Purpose School Buses
- Sometimes you’ll see school buses turned into double-decker night clubs and strip joints. The best is when there’s an old school bus turned into a mobile home/night club/rooftop deck! These people are committed!
01.Deep Fried Oreos!
- You can deep fry anything in the South...pretty sure that’s in the Bible somewhere!
Corners released July 26th on Revern8te Nashville.
Upcoming Tour Dates:
08/18 - Nashville, TN @ Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar
08/22 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
08/23 - Noblesville, IN @ Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center
08/24 - St. Louis, MO @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
08/29 - El Cajon, CA @ Dip Day Club at Sycuan Casino Resort
08/30 - Dewey Beach, DE @ Bottle & Cork
08/31 - San Diego, CA @ Parq Restaurant & Nightclub
09/01 - Nashville, TN @ Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar
09/05 - Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
09/06 - Wantagh, NY @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater
09/07 - Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live
09/12 - Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion
09/13 - Raleigh, NC @ Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek
09/14 - Pittsburgh, PA @ KeyBank Pavilion
09/19 - Scranton, PA @ The Pavilion at Montage Mountain
09/20 - Boston, MA @ Xfinity Center
09/20 - Boston, MA @ Memoire at Encore Boston Harbor
09/26 - Rogers, AR @ The Arkansas Music Pavilion
09/27 - Tinley Park, IL @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
09/28 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
09/29 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
10/03 - Cape Girardeau, MO @ Show Me Center
10/04 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
10/05 - Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena
10/08 - Winnipeg, Canada @ Bell MTS Place
Make sure all excursions out of your “Safe Zone” come with a fun safeword:
10/10 - Saskatoon, Canada @ Sasktel Centre
10/11 - Arlington, TX @ Globe Life Park
10/12 - Calgary, Canada @ Scotiabank Saddledome
10/12 - Calgary, Canada @ Knoxville’s Tavern
10/15 - Missoula, MT @ Adams Event Center
10/16 - Bozeman, MT @ Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
10/19 - Vancouver, Canada @ Rogers Arena
10/22 - Los Angeles, CA @ Greek Theatre
10/25 - Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center
10/26 - Sacramento, CA @ Golden 1 Center
10/31 - Nampa, ID @ Ford Idaho Center Arena
11/01 - Spokane, WA @ Spokane Arena
11/02 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
11/06 - San Jose, CA @ SAP Center
11/07 - San Diego, CA @ Pechanga Arena
11/08 - Phoenix, AZ @ Talking Stick Resort Arena
11/15 - Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse
11/16 - Cleveland, OH @ Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
11/21 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
11/22 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
11/22 - Uncasville, CT @ Shrine Nightclub
11/23 - Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
11/30 - Atlantic City, NJ @ The Pool After Dark
12/05-14 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Gold Buckle Zone – National Finals Rodeo