With just over 48 hours now until the gates open at Bloodstock Open Air, we’ve taken a look at some of the bands looking to make an impression on the Bloodstock faithful picking out six of our top picks from the New Blood Stage.
- Mixing hard rock, stoner and sludge, Nottingham crew Widows have been likened to bands such as Down and Eyehategod. Expect them to pack in some seriously dirty grooves when they play on Friday 9th August in support of their new single "Ten'Yer".
- Hailing from Dorset, Anakim are a progressive death metal band who are taking time out from working on their long-awaited second album to perform at Bloodstock where we're hoping we'll find them road testing some of that elusive new material on Friday 9th August.
- Cramming elements of hardcore, black metal, post-hardcore and grindcore into each and every song, we're fully expecting Grief Ritual's live show on Saturday 10th August to be a beautifully extreme sonic assault.
- Thrashing out of Corby, the home of sludge scumbags Raging Speedhorn, thrash metal quintet Reaper X are promising to deliver everything the discerning metal head could want and, by the sounds of it, they can't wait. Loosen your neck muscles in time for their set on Saturday 10th August.
- Representing the Yorkshire metal scene, Leadrobot are heading to Bloodstock with an armoury of industrial, thrash and groove metal described as "machine metal" and likened to Strapping Young Lad. You know where you need to be on Sunday 11th August right?
- Technical, intricate and crushingly heavy, Fractions have just dropped a brand new track "Sound Of Mindness" and, sounding thoroughly chuffed to be playing at Bloodstock, here's our final pick of the new bands we reckon you should be checking out this weekend.
Bloodstock will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 8th-11th August 2019. Get info on ticket packages and additional information over at www.bloodstock.uk.com.