We've had our heatwave here in the UK and now it looks like festival season is going to be a washout but that doesn't stop the killer tours rolling into the UK and we've picked five kick-ass bands coming through in August that we think you should be checking out.
1. Cancer Bats
- Straddling their appearance at Bloodstock Open Air, Canadian hardcore punk road rats Cancer Bats are taking to the road across the UK to play in some of the more compact venues. While we've no doubt that their Bloodstock appearance is going to slay, if we're being honest, these shows are really going to be where it is at:
2. After The Burial
- Being lauded as one of the most genre-defining bands in progressive metalcore, we reckon these shows in support of their new album Evergreen, will only going to cement their position at the top of their game:
08/04 - Manchester, Satans Hollow
08/05 - Birmingham, Flapper
08/06 - Bristol, Exchange
08/07 - London, Boston Music Room
3. Prophets of Rage
- Having recently supported Muse on their stadium shows, Tom Morello is back in the UK for a couple of dates with Prophets of Rage and it'll be hard to expect these shows as anything other than completely raging:
08/12 - London - Shepherds Bush Empire
08/13 - Manchester - Academy
4. Duff Mckagan
- A man who needs no introduction, Duff Mckagan is usually seen slinging his bass around the stages of the world's enormo-domes in Guns n' Roses so what more reason do you have to grab yourself a ticket when he heads out on a solo club tour?
08/29 - Islington Assembly Hall, London UK
08/31 - Electric Picnic Festival, Dublin EIRE
5. Royal Blood
- Rowdy duo Royal Blood will be rocking out on the line-up of Reading and Leeds Festival this month and have added a bunch of unmissable shows as warm-ups for the two dates.
08/09 – Southampton, O2 Guildhall
08/10 – Newport, Centre
08/12 – Dundee, Caird Hall
08/13 – Nottingham, Rock City
08/14 – Margate, Winter Gardens