In just under 72 hours, thousands of metal fans will start to descend on Catton Hall in Derbyshire as Bloodstock Open Air returns. With a line-up that includes the likes of Anthrax, The Scorpions, Dimmu Borgir and many, many more, we've picked just six of the sets we think you'd be mad to miss this weekend! See you in the pit!
01.Red Method Stage: Sophie Lancaster Stage (Saturday)
- We love bands who really make an effort with their image and Red Method, who rose from the ashes of Meta-Stasis and The Defiled really do look the part. Musically, expect plenty of groove-drenched metal from the sextet while, visually, anything could happen!
02.Harbinger Stage: Sophie Lancaster Stage (Sunday)
- Those of you expecting to ease gently into the final day are in for a rude awakening as London tech-metal bruisers Harbinger plan to make the most of their early morning slot and leave you wishing you hadn't had that one last shot of Jager at 4am.
03.The Lazys Stage: Sophie Lancaster Stage (Sunday)
- Aussie boys The Lazy's have earned their stripes touring the dives of Australia so, as Bloodstock Open Air heads to the finish line for another year, we expect these Aussie rockers to help send it off with one hell of a party.
04.Thy Art Is Murder Stage: Ronnie James Dio Stage (Saturday)
- Supporting their punishing Human Target offering, Australian deathcore titans Thy Art Is Murder will be one of the most crushing things you'll experience at Bloodstock this weekend. Expect things to get nasty in the pit as CJ and his bandmates unleash their guttural filth on Bloodstock.
05.Incite Stage: Ronnie James Dio Stage (Friday)
- All good festivals need to kick off in a way that sets the tone for the weekend. Bloodstock have invited along Max Cavalera's stepson Ritchie Cavalera and his band Incite and, given the musical pedigree of the band, we're expecting the bar for the weekend to be set very high right from the get-go.
06.Parkway Drive Stage: Ronnie James Dio Stage (Saturday)
- Courting plenty of controversy when they were announced as Saturday headliners, Aussie metal titans Parkway Drive are ready to make the doubters eat their words with a debut UK festival headline set that promises a positively obscene amount of pyro and a stack of modern metal anthems.
Bloodstock will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 8th-11th August 2019. Get info on ticket packages and additional information over at www.bloodstock.uk.com.