Hailing from Long Island, New York, Oso Oso, AKA Jade Lilitri, releases his new album, Basking In The Glow, through Triple Crown Records today so, we had a quick chat to Jade to find out a bit more about his local scene.
Before you read on, make sure you check out Oso Oso's video for the track "Impossible Game":
Favourite Long Island Venue
- Hands down Ethical Humanist Society. This venue was my introduction to the DIY scene and an escape from the ‘pay to play’ scene that was going on at the time. Also home to some of my fondest memories playing music and getting a cool response from people.
Favourite Long Island Record Store
- Not too many record stores on Long Island nor am I really a record store kind of guy, this place Looney Tunes comes to mind because it’s been around forever and a lot of bands used to have acoustic shows there on the day of album releases but I’ve never been.
Favourite Place to Hang Out in Long Island
- At a show! Or anywhere in Long Beach.
Want to hear another of Jade's chilled out tunes? Well, check out "Dig (II)":
Best Thing about Living in Long Island
- Probably the beach, I live a few hours out now and can’t believe how much I took living right by the beach for granted.
First Ever Oso Oso Gig in Long Island
- November 2014 at Dong Island in Hempstead.
Where do you rehearse in Long Island
- We usually rehearse in Long Beach at this place called the Jam Factory.
If someone is visiting Long Island for the first time, where do they need to check out?
- It’s a bit of a trek out there, like a couple of hours drive, but check out Caumsett State Preserve or maybe even go all the way to Montauk.
Oso Oso’s new album Basking In The Glow is out now on Triple Crown Records or you can pick up your copy from here.
Like what you hear? Well, check out Oso Oso when he hits the road for extensive tour dates running through to the end of 2019.
08/22 - Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall +
08/23 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom +
08/24 - Washington - DC9 Nightclub +
08/25 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore Philadelphia
08/27 - Durham, NC - Motorco +
08/28 - Orlando, FL - Soundbar. +
08/29 - Tampa, FL - Crowbar +
08/30 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade +
08/31 - Nashville, TN - The End +
09/02 - Athens, Greece - Barracuda Moto Hellas +
09/03 - Dallas, TX - Club Dada
09/05 - Phoenix, AZ - The Rebel Lounge +
09/06 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
09/07 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hi Hat
09/08 - Berkeley, CA - 924 Gilman +
09/10 - Portland, OR - Paris Theatre +
09/11 - Seattle, WA - The Vera Project +
09/13 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Loading Dock
09/14 - Denver, CO - Lost Lake +
09/15 - Kansas City, MO - The Rino +
09/18 - Chicago, IL - Beat Kitchen +
09/19 - Detroit, MI - The Marble Bar Detroit
09/21 - Toronto, ON - Sneaky Dee's
09/22 - Pittsburgh, PA - The Mr. Roboto Project +
10/01 - Amsterdam - Paradiso Amsterdam ++
10/02 - Münster - Gleis 22 ++
10/03 - Hamburg - Goldener Salon ++
10/05 - TBC ++
10/08 - Berlin - Cassiopeia ++
10/09 - Prague - Café V lese ++
10/11 - Aarau - KIFF ++
10/12 - Cologne - Club Subway ++
10/13 - Antwerp - Trix ++
10/14 - Rotterdam - V11 ++
10/16 - Margate - Elsewhere ++
10/17 - Brighton - The Green Door Store ++
10/18 - Manchester - The Deaf Institute ++
10/19 - Leeds - The Key Club ++
10/20 - Glasgow - The Hug and Pint ++
10/22 - Birmingham - The Sunflower Lounge ++
10/23 - Nottingham - The Bodega ++
10/24 - London - Boston Music Room ++
10/25 - Bristol - The Louisiana ++
12/21 - Philadelphia, PA - Franklin Music Hall *
+ w/ The Sidekicks, Future Teens
++ w/ Prince Daddy & The Hyena
* w/ The Starting Line