1. The new location at Leeds
- While the multi-venue set-up around Leeds city centre was great for the city, the growth in popularity of Slam Dunk along with extra security policies brought with it a whole set of issues meaning that a lot of time was spent missing bands due to packed venues or massive queues. Earlier this year the announcement was made that the Leeds leg of the weekender would be moving to a new site at Temple Newsham and, while the first year is sure to have its teething problems, we can't wait to check out the new location and a new chapter for Slam Dunk North.
2. The Punk in Drublic Stage
- There's always a great punk rock stage at Slam Dunk but this year they've gone all out with the NOFX's brilliant Punk in Drublic stage featuring a line-up that includes Bad Religion, Less Than Jake, The Interrupters and, of course, headliners NOFX. Forget all that pop-punk nonsense, this is the stage to be if you want a bunch of bands who are punk as fuck!
Hopefully it'll be sunny then we can get Punk In Drublic with Punk Guys NOFX:
3. Some heavy shit at Slam Dunk
- Slam Dunk has had some real heavy bands in recent years including Thy Art Is Murder, Crossfaith and Bury Tomorrow. This year is no different with the likes of Cancer Bats, Wage War and Knocked Loose making sure things stay brutal!
Make sure you "Witness" some heavy shit with bands like Wage War:
4. The awesome bands flying the flag for UK Alternative music
- Putting aside the fact that Welsh metal stars Bullet For My Valentine are one of the headliners, it's nice to see the British contingent are making some noise on the 2019 line-up courtesy of bands like Shvpes, Our Hollow Our Home and Neck Deep.
It's great to see the UK being represented at Slam Dunk by bands like the awesome Shvpes:
5. Finally getting to see Glassjaw again
- Well, the reasons for post-hardcore legends Glassjaw stop-start career have been well-documented over the years so we can't wait to see them at Slam Dunk this weekend. Are you stoked about it? Well, we're fucking buzzing that we’ll be there to see Daryl Palumbo and Co smashing Slam Dunk out of the park.
Glassjaw? At Slam Dunk? This weekend? Fuck! Yes!
6. All Time Low bringing a pop-punk party to Slam Dunk
- If you're at the biggest alternative festival of the Summer, you're going to want a massive headliner and who better to close off Slam Dunk this year than pop-punk superstars All Time Low? Expect pyro, a massive stage show and a soundtrack filled with all your favourite pop-punk anthems as the Baltimore crew show exactly how you should be headlining a festival like Slam Dunk!
Need a headliner? Well, here's why there couldn't have been a better pick than All Time Low?