As the venerable Vans Warped Tour begins its final cross-country run (dates can be found here), we’re already formulating the list of bands we want to see! Of course, there are plenty of amazing top-tier groups playing the touring festival this year, but part of the beauty of Warped has always been the chance to check out acts that you may not have heard of before. With that said, in no particular order, we give you seven of the best lesser-known bands on this year’s tour that you NEED to check out!
01.Assuming We Survive
- Warped has long been a pop-punk playground and this summer is no different. While heavyweights Knucklepuck, State Champs, and Four Year Strong definitely merit your attention, pop punk/easycore act Assuming We Survive is definitely worth a listen. Chock full of melodic hooks and satisfying breakdowns, they’re the perfect soundtrack to a hot and sweaty day at Warped! Catch the band on the Owly.fm Stage all summer long!
Jam to the new video for “Just So You Know”!
- Florida’s progressive post-hardcore act Capstan bring sweep picking, infectious choruses, and heavy yet bouncy breakdowns to the table. We can’t wait to catch them on the Owly.fm Stage during the latter half of the tour!
Bounce along to the new video for “Bury Your Bones”.
- With bands like Harm’s Way, Knocked Loose, and Turnstile waving the hardcore flag high this summer on Warped, it’s easy to overlook up-and-comers Sharptooth. Riding the momentum from their 2017 release Clever Girl and led by vocalist Lauren Kashan these Maryland natives bring the brutality. Catch them on the Mutant Red Dawn Stage all summer long!
Mosh around the room to the video for the the title track from their 2017 full-length.
- Richmond, VA pop-punk act Broadside have been on the rise for a few years now, aided by their appearance on Warped in 2016. They’ve grown immensely as a band since then, especially with their release of Paradise. Give them a listen and be ready for some sing-alongs during their set on the Owly.fm Stage during the second half of the tour!
Sing along to the powerful track “Summer Stained”.
- We had to sneak this band in--if you went to Warped last year, you might’ve seen Movements on the Full Sail University Stage. Since last summer, the band has amassed quite a following. This year’s tour sees the post-hardcore band playing front and center on the Journey’s Left Foot Stage. If you’re a fan for catchy hooks and emotive lyrics, look no further.
It’s hard not to be moved by the track “Colorblind”.
- British singer/songwriter Tatiana DeMaria of London-based rock group TAT is bringing her indie pop music stylings to Warped this summer. Demaria is great in TAT, she also slays as a solo artist. Check her out on the Full Sail University Stage through July 23rd.
We think you’ll love Tatiana DeMaria’s track “Too Much”.
- Melodic death metallers Nekrogoblikon are sure to be a hilarious time on the Mutant White Lightning Stage. Complete with a goblin mascot, the band is sure to melt faces in the heat all summer long!
Prepare yourself for the hilarity with “Dressed As Goblins”.