New York-based guitar prodigy, Angel Vivaldi continues to support his latest studio recording, 2017’s Synapse, with an unrelenting schedule of tours and one-off gigs. Speaking of which, the fret board fanatic recently announced the 2018 edition of “The Guitar Collective Tour” featuring none other than Alice Cooper guitarist Nita Strauss.
The pair of wood-wielding wizards begin said trek on November 19th and rage all over the US before ending on December 21st. Both VIP and general admission tickets are available here and, to get you all psyched for the unbelievable level of musical prowess that’s to come, we linked up with Vivaldi for his own personal list of the TOP 5 hardest guitar songs he’s ever had to learn.
Watch this rad video for the song “Serotonin” featuring Nita Strauss.
Angel Vivaldi’s TOP 5 Hardest Songs to Learn:
01.Eric Johnson - “Cliffs of Dover”
- This was the goal for most of my guitar peers growing up. Most of us skipped that over-the-top intro and went right to learning that gorgeous chorus, which was probably one of the harder sections back then.
02.Yngwie Malmsteen - “Trilogy Suite”
- I got maybe 11% of that verse down before shelving this. This was one of those songs for me where you stop analyzing whats going on and simply enjoy it.
03.Dream Theater - “Dance of Eternity”
- This was the song that seemed nearly impossible without some kinda of visual aid. I was able to knock out a good amount of sections in this tune, and after a year or 2 of learning parts on and off I got a majority of it down eventually. It was hell.
04.Steve Vai - “Boston Rain Melody”
- Deceptively difficult mostly due to Vai’s finesse. Hands down one of my favorite Steve Vai songs, massively under-appreciated.
05.Metallica - “One”
- There was no way to quite figure out what the hell Kirk was doing in this solo. There wasn’t any YouTube or much accessible live footage to go by, so you can imagine how perplexing it was to hear this and not know what the hell was going on in the beginning of this solo.
Check out the shredtastic track “Dopamine” featuring Oli Herbert.
“The Guitar Collective Tour” Dates:
11/19 - New Bedford, MA @ Greasy Luck
11/20 - Philadelphia, PA @ Voltage Lounge
11/21 - Clifton, NJ @ Dingbatz
11/23 - Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Baazar
11/24 - Kent, OH @ Outpost Concert Spot
11/25 - Detroit, MI @ The Loving Touch
11/27 - Berwyn, IL @ Wire
11/28 - Iowa City, IA @ Gabe’s
11/29 - Kansas City, MO @ The Riot Room
11/30 - Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
12/01 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Club X
12/02 - Boise, ID @ The Shredder
12/04 - Seattle, WA @ Club Sur Rocks
12/05 - Portland, OR @ Paris Theatre
12/06 - Orangevale, CA @ The Boardwalk
12/07 - San Diego, CA @ Brick by Brick
12/08 - Scottsdale, AZ @ Pub Rock
12/09 - Los Angeles, CA @ 1720
12/11 - Austin, TX @ Come and Take It Live
12/12 - Houston, TX @ Scout Bar
12/13 - Dallas, TX @ Trees
12/14 - Memphis, TN @ Hi-Tone
12/15 - Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
12/16 - Orlando, FL @ The Haven
12/17 - Margate, FL @ O’Malley's
12/18 - Tampa, FL @ Crowbar
12/19 - Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero
12/20 - Richmond, VA @ Canal Club
12/21 - Asbury Park, NJ @ House of Independents