London, Ontario is home to Riley White, Jordan Wallace, and Sandro Di Stefano, an unsigned trio of musicians who perform together under the moniker Basic White. London also happens to be the host of 2019’s Juno Awards (occurring from March 11-17, with the main event and awards show on the 17th) so we thought it would be ideal if these hometown favourites would compile their own, detailed list of how to “Survive Juno Week in London”.
From tips about great places to hang, the sweetest local food and drink spots, not to mention hubs for musical gear and hangover meds, the guys compiled this handy-dandy London Survival Guide to make your weekend enjoyable and stress-free. Best of luck to all the nominees! Whether or not you’re headed to London, though, be sure to add this dope group to your #rockradar and get to know their brand new album, The Second Half (more details on their .com here).
01.Best Late-Night Food
- Looking for a late-night nosh after hitting up JUNO FEST? (FYI Basic White plays JUNO FEST at Rum Runners at 1am on Saturday, March 16) hit up Stobie’s Pizza - 484 Richmond St. (open until 4am 7 days a week!) or Great Greek Souvlaki, 195 York Street (open until 3am on Friday and Saturday).
- If you have a hankering for some old-fashioned diner food check out Prince Alberts Diner - 565 Richmond St (open 10am to 12AM except til 3AM on Saturday nights).
Check out the band’s music video for their popular single “Time To Leave” here.
03.Best Breakfast/All-Day Breakfast
- Need a hearty (or greasy) breakfast to sop up all the booze from the night before? We highly recommend Campus Hi-Fi - 736 Richmond St. – open 8am-3pm (closed Wednesdays).
04.Best Coffee Shop
- Start your day off right at one of our two favourite London coffee shops: Fire Roasted Coffee Co. - 105 King St. (open 7:30am – 6pm) or Coffee Culture - 260 Dundas St (open 7am-10pm, 7 days a week).
05.Best Place for a Shave
- Our favourite classic Barber Shop! Ox and Bow Barbershop - 205 Oxford Street (opens 11am, closes 8pm on Fridays, 7pm on Saturdays, closed on Sundays).
06.Best Place for a Mani/Pedi
- Riley’s girlfriend tell us this is the place to go! TwentyOne Nails & Spa - 474 St James St. (Open 9:30am-7pm Fridays, 9:30am-5pm Saturdays, Closed Sundays).
Basic White’s album, The Second Half, dropped on February 22nd, 2019.
07.Best Hair Salon
- Another favourite spot of the women in our lives. Vanity House - 124 Dundas Street (open 10am-6pm Friday, 9am -3pm Saturday, Closed Sunday).
08.Best Music Stores
- Need some gear or accessories for your Juno Fest show or Juno performance? PA Shop/London Guitars - 46 Charterhouse Crescent (open 10am-8pm Fridays and 10am-4pm Saturdays, Closed Sundays) or John Bellone’s - 446 York Street (open 12-5pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday).
- Looking for a last-minute outfit for the big night? Hit up our fav place to shop! Talize Thrift Store - 1345 Huron Street. (Open 9am-9pm Fridays and Saturdays, 10am-6pm Sundays).
- Need Advil? Forgot your makeup bag? Need emergency panty hose? Hit up Shoppers Drug Mart - 645 Commissioners Rd East (open 24 hours, 7 days a week).