Since the release of their 2016 EP, Wishful Sinking, West Michigan-based band Amoura have illustrated a real knack for writing some of the best modern metalcore. With catchy hooks and thoughtful lyrics, the five-piece is among the top of what the scene currently has to offer and have reemerged in 2019 with their most accomplished piece of work yet; the new single “Back Then” (which you can purchase/stream now via via iTunes or Spotify.
Along the way, Amoura has released other successful singles, like last year’s “Inhabit Me” and “Ghostlike,” which have further delved into lead singer Jesse Curtis’ introspective, haunting, yet uplifting lyricism. Like many other hard rock and metal bands, the members of Amoura also happen to be huge fans of the WWE. Here, bassist Scott Werner has compiled this exclusive list of his Top 10 favourite WWE wrestler entrance theme songs. Prepare to debate amongst yourselves...
Check out the official music video of Amoura’s “Back Then.”
- When the lights go out and this song starts, all hell is about to break loose. This group is certified chaos and mayhem, which this theme shows perfectly.
- Brock Lesnar is literally the last person in the world I would ever want to have to fight. When that intro hits, people get the hell out of the way. Anyone dumb or brave enough to stick around will get German suplexed halfway across the world and will probably never walk the same again.
- Nothing crazy here, just a straight metal jam that’s no joke, much like Kevin Owens himself. He’s here, and he is here to fight.
- The Shield would enter through the crowd in full tactical gear, surround the ring like a pack of hungry wolves, and then decimate anyone in their way. All to this heavy ass song.
Artwork for the recent “Back Then” single, which dropped on January 4th, 2019.
- Before becoming a Guardian of the Galaxy, Batista was The Animal. When this song hit and he came out shooting with the pyro going off, you knew you were about to bang your head and see someone get their ass kicked.
- The most vocal and prominent fan of metal and hardcore in the WWE, Seth Rollins is one of the top stars. He used to hardcore dance on his way to the ring wearing a Full of Hell shirt. He shares metalcore music on his socials all the time, and you can catch him banging his head in the crowd at a Parkway Drive show. When you have 20,000 people screaming “burn it down” and this hits, it’s awesome.
03. & 04.Triple H
- Triple H is one of the few superstars (and one of my all-time favorites) to get a custom song from a band, and he got not only one, but two Motorhead tracks. I couldn’t decide which one was more metal so they both get a spot on this list. The “King of Kings” is when he is doing business as the COO of the company and “The Game” is for when someone is about to get the business in the ring.
Turn those speakers up for the music video for “Inhabit Me.”
- Although he will never be back, CM Punk is one of the all-time best wrestlers. His first theme in WWE was Killswitch Engage’s “This Fire Burns.” A bonafide metal banger, this one would get the crowd going and make you want to mosh in your seat.
- This theme is already one of the heaviest songs in the WWE and features the singer of Incendiary. Add in Code Orange playing it live at NXT Takeover Brooklyn and you get the most badass and metal entrance in wrestling history.
05/25 - 2nd annual Memorial Day Metal Fest @ Papa Pete’s, Kalamazoo, MI
Amoura teams up with Tyler Tate of Hollow Front for the song and music video for “Ghostlike.”