In a couple of weeks teenage rockers Liily will be heading over to Europe for a bunch of shows so, ahead of the dates, we spoke to the band about life in LA.
Favourite LA Venue
- The Echo is our favourite to play, but we’d love to play The Palladium.
Favourite LA Record Store
- There’s this record store that Charlie and I (Dylan) go to in the valley called Freakbeat, they’re really cool over there.
You can find Freakbeat Records online here or if you're in the area they're located at: 13616 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Favourite Place to Hang Out in LA
- I don’t think there’s any specific place we like to hang out collectively, but some of us love hanging in the valley and some in Hollywood.
Liily's I Can Fool Anybody In This Town album is out now and you can pick it up here.
Best Thing about Living in LA
- The weather never lets you down, but I’ve got to say just driving around LA and spending time outside is just incredible.
First Ever Liily Gig in LA
- Our first show as a full band was at this festival called All your Friends Fest put on by our friend Daisy.
Here's a video clip of Liily performing "Tan Socks" at a recent gig in Los Angeles:
Where do you rehearse in LA?
- We practice in Maxx’s garage-turned-studio.
Favourite other LA Bands
– Our favourites are Jane’s Addiction, Rage Against the Machine etc. The classic LA bands.
If someone is visiting LA for the first time, where do they need to check out?
– They should definitely visit the valley, specifically Sherman Oaks/Studio City. There’s a bunch of cool little places to hang there such as Freakbeat and Pinz Bowling.
05/07 - London - Camden Assembly (supporting Inner Wave)
05/08 - London - Notting Hill Arts Club
05/09 - London - Sebright Arms
05/10 - Brighton - The Great Escape
05/14 - Paris - Supersonic
05/16 - Bruxelles - Ancienne Belgique
05/17 - Berlin - Frannz-Club
05/18 - Hamburg - Molotow Musikclub
06/07 - Los Angeles - Fig at 7th
06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival
08/01 - Chicago - Lollapalooza